Rules & Policies
Kidzeum of Health and Science is designed to be enjoyed by families with young children. Exhibits and educational content are planned to be appropriate for children ten and younger. The following rules and policies have been developed and are enforced to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests.
At Kidzeum, parents/caregivers are responsible for supervising their children at all times. You are your child’s best advocate for staying safe.
To assist parents/caregivers in keeping children safe while exploring the Museum, we have several security measures in place.
1. Security cameras record everyone entering and leaving through the exterior doors, as well as moving about the Museum.
2. Museum staff members are in communication with one another at all times. When children and parents/caregivers become separated there are standard procedures that are immediately put into effect to reunite guests quickly and efficiently. These procedures have been proven effective on a daily basis. All staff members are available to help reunite parties. Our admissions desk, or the second and third floors by the elevators, are good places to start if a child or adult/caregiver has been separated from their party.
3. Adults are not permitted to enter the museum exhibits without children. Kidzeum is happy to provide unaccompanied adults with a brief staff-guided tour, when staff are available. We recommend calling ahead to make an appointment. Adults joining family and friends already inside Kidzeum must either have a pre-purchased ticket or call the rest of their party already inside to meet them at the front desk after purchasing a ticket.
4. Children under 18 are not permitted to enter the museum or remain in the museum without adult supervision. Adults are classified as anyone age 18 and older. Kidzeum requires adults to stay with children at all times.
5. We require a 1:5 (Adult:Child) ratio on our exhibit floor. Children must be supervised at all times. No security can take the place of adult supervision. Please have fun with and supervise your children.
Injuries & Sick Child Policy
Kidzeum is a “play at your own risk” facility. Kidzeum will not be responsible for any injury incurred from playing at the museum. Caregivers must accompany and supervise their children throughout the museum.
Staff and volunteers who are sick are asked to stay home to limit the spread of illness. Similarly, if a visitor has a fever or has had a fever in the last 24 hours, or is too sick to attend work or school, we ask that they do not visit Kidzeum.
Families are welcome to bring snacks, beverages and sack lunches. When not reserved for birthday parties, families are welcome to use our lunchroom on a first-come, first-serve basis. For safety, we ask that visitors refrain from eating or drinking in our exhibit galleries.
Shoes must be worn at all times.
Balloons & Confetti
Balloons and confetti are not permitted inside the building. Anchored balloons may be allowed for birthday parties. If you are interested in renting one of our spaces, please click here.
Guests are required to wear proper attire, including tops, bottoms and shoes that are appropriate for a family facility.
Guns / Weapons
For the safety of all our visitors, Kidzeum does not permit guns/weapons of any kind inside the building. Uniformed police officers are the exception.
Smoking / Vaping
Smoking, including e-cigarettes, and vaping are prohibited in the museum. Smoking/vaping can occur 15 feet away from any of our entrances.
Photos & Video
Taking photos of your family is allowed, but we ask that you do not capture other families and children in your photos.
At times, Kidzeum has media and photographers on the exhibit floor. By entering Kidzeum, you consent for you and your children be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for marketing purposes. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by Kidzeum without restriction or financial compensation, in news materials, promotional materials, on the web and other properties.
If you wish to not be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for marketing purposes, you must notify staff immediately upon entering. Security cameras and electronic access control are in place at all times.
Service dogs are permitted into the building and must be properly marked. Emotional support animals, while adorable, are prohibited.
Business visitors must check in with visitor services staff at the front desk. A staff member will come greet you. We request that you set up a meeting ahead of time to assure a staff member is available.
Kidzeum is cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis. Tap here for more information about our cleaning procedures.