Pay It Forward!
Purchase a Membership for a Family in Need!
Kidzeum is partnering with the Access to Health program to provide free memberships to at-risk families in the Enos Park, Pillsbury and Brandon Court neighborhoods in Springfield.
Their research shows that:
- 422 Clients enrolled with Community Health Workers since October 2015
- 55% males; 42.2% female
- 50.8% black; 46.6 % white
- Spent 242,440 minutes since inception with clients (4,040 hours)
- 4,975 visits by CHWs to people
- 52 youth (aged 9 to 14) through Bike Club and Summer enrichment program
- 1,135 people through community outreach activities (i.e Trunk 'R Treat, National Night Out, etc)
- 14 Families through the Memorial Behavioral Health's MOSAIC Program
- 61 Parolees
- 52 Individuals who were homeless
- 21 Veterans
- Cover the full cost of a basic family membership.
- Cover the full cost of an individual plus 1 membership.
- Make a donation to the pool of funds.
*In three neighborhoods in Springfield there has been an effort supported by HSHS Medical Center, Memorial Medical Center, United Way and Southern Illinois University to help residents of either the Enos Park Neighborhood, Pillsbury Neighborhood or Brandon Court increase their access to health-related activities. Kidzeum is partnering with Access to Health to offer families in the project area an opportunity to win year-long memberships to Kidzeum. The activities and intellectual stimulation that is provided by Kidzeum is a vital part of children's health. Many of the families in these neighborhoods are unable to afford such an opportunity, but through your generous support families can have this opportunity. Over 130 families are engaged in the programs in these communities.