Job Opening: Visitor Experience Associate
Job Opening: Visitor Experience Associate - Part Time
Location: Springfield, IL
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation & Benefits: $12/hr
About Kidzeum: Kidzeum is a wonderful new family destination in the heart of historic downtown Springfield, IL., whose mission is to serve as a place of learning and discovery through play for children of ALL abilities. Kidzeum is committed to nurturing health and wellness, promoting science education, and to developing environmental and global awareness through innovative programs and exhibits. Learn more at www.kidzeum.org.
Position Description: Engage with visitors on multiple customer service levels, including ticketing, gallery interactions, and educational programing. Augment the visitor experience with additional information, and informal in-gallery activities. Work collaboratively with other staff to ensure a warm welcoming approach to visitors. Maintain a safe, clean, educationally sound, hospitable, and aesthetically pleasing environment at the museum.
This is a part-time position with varied hours including holidays, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service to all guests.
- Project a positive image, serving as an ambassador for Kidzeum
- Maintain proper cashier operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Complete all transactions through the Point of Sale system accurately and efficiently
- Relay accurate information about planned programs and events to guests
- Be friendly and outgoing
- Handle customer service issues and questions in a professional, polite, and positive manner
- Actively participate in all provided training classes and properly implement newly learned skills
- Ensure that the Kidzeum’s rules and safety protocols are followed by all guests entering the museum
- Ability to be cross-trained to assist in other areas of the museum
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with visitors in both conveying information and listening to their questions and complaints
- Be open to multiple points of view and avenues for problem solving
- Comfortable with Point of Sale technology
- Must be culturally competent
- Must be able to walk, stand, and interact with the public for long periods of time
- Be well organized and have a close attention to detail
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events
- Have an outgoing personality and be enthused to interact with guests and colleagues
- Experience in customer service
- Clearance of a criminal background check
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements may include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as equipment, boxes, etc. may be included.
Application Process: Please send a resume and two references to Kaitlyn Miller, Assistant Director at Kaitlyn.Miller@kidzeum.org
Kidzeum is an Equal Opportunity Employer